LET THE JOY BEGIN! MONDELĒZ CANADA CELEBRATES ITS PRIDE AND JOY
Snacking powerhouse to kick off first-time partnership this winter with limited edition product, prizes, interactive app and broadcast integration
With less than 100 days to the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Mondelēz Canada, whose family of brands include Cadbury, Dentyne, OREO and Ritz, today announced its four-year partnership as an official supporter of the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). As a first-time COC affiliate, the partnership will be launched with the company’s new Pride & Joy campaign, which celebrates the tremendous national pride Canada has for its athletes.
“As an official supporter of Canada’s Olympic Team, we’re absolutely thrilled to show our athletes just how proud we are of them – as a nation, as a company and as Canadians,” said Janine Keogh, Vice President, Biscuit Category, for Mondelēz International in Canada. “As a snacks company, we bring joy to Canadians every day through our delicious brands. We wanted to create a program that celebrates joy in a different way and the Olympic Games provide the perfect opportunity to bring our collective pride and joy to life as we cheer alongside our Canadian Team.”
The Pride & Joy campaign, launching in January 2014, includes four limited edition Christie products, eye-catching in-store displays, an interactive app, thousands of prizes, a broadcast integration with the CBC during the Games, and an opportunity for two Mondelēz Canada employees to act as ambassadors for the company at the Games.
· Limited edition Pride & Joy packages include OREO, Ritz Crackers, mini Chips Ahoy! and Maple Leaf cookies, each celebrating Canada with symbols of pride.
· The Pride & Joy interactive app will alert users in real time of amazing moments during the Winter Games. When Canada wins or when our athletes experience something extraordinary, users have the chance to win thousands of instant prizes, including a grand prize trip to the Men’s Gold Medal Hockey final. The app will be available for download at iTunes, Google Play and at prideandjoy2014.ca as of January 1, 2014. Mondelēz Canada will also donate $1 per download to the Canadian Olympic Foundation up to $50,000.
· “Pride” and “Joy” are two unique animated characters that will bring the campaign to life. These universal characters embody our patriotic spirit by visually expressing our nation’s pride and joy through dance, cheers and other fan antics – in real-time. “Pride” and “Joy” will be cheering through various Mondelēz Canada brand Facebook pages (Cadbury Dairy Milk, OREO, Dentyne and Ritz Crackers), in-store displays, the interactive app and through the CBC integration.
· The CBC partnership includes a broadcast integration of the medal ceremonies, which will include the Pride and Joy characters in fun animations tied to the specific events taking place.
· Mondelēz Canada will also host an internal contest for employees to show their pride and joy for a chance to win a week-long trip to Sochi, Russia during the Winter Games and act as an Ambassador at Canada House.
“The COC is humbled by Mondelēz Canada’s generous support through their upcoming Pride and Joy campaign,” said Marcel Aubut, President, Canadian Olympic Committee. “We are honoured to partner with such an iconic powerhouse in Canada and thank Mondelēz Canada for helping our athletes move forward on their road to the podium.”
MediaVest is the media buying agency of record, Jungle Media is the strategic planner for the partnership, The Hive is the creative agency of record and Edelman is the public relations agency of record.